Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Place An Ad | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Mon., 11:41am: Little new in Warren fatal crash investigation

March 11, 2013
Tribune Chronicle | TribToday.com

WARREN -- Ohio State Highway Patrol Lt. Brian Holt said investigators today continue to be faced with many unanswered questions about Sunday's fatal crash that killed six city teens and injured two others.

Holt, commander of the OSP Warren Post, said the occupants were traveling in an SUV that was equipped for five people. Also, he said the crash appears to be the deadliest in Trumbull County history.

Holt joined Warren City Schools Superintendent Michael Notar, Valley Counseling's Ed Bolino, who is also a former city school board member, and Warren Mayor Doug Franklin at a new conference Monday at the Warren City Schools Administration Building downtown.

``This is still a puzzle we are trying to piece together,'' Holt told at least 20 members of the media.

He said investigators are still trying to learn how the teenagers obtained the SUV they were driving, what caused them to lose control of the vehicle, why so many of them were packed into a vehicle they did not have ``express'' permission to use on Sunday morning just before dawn and where they had been shortly before the crash.

The two survivors were treated at a local hospital and released on Sunday.

 
 

 

I am looking for: