Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Place An Ad | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Sat. 4:24pm: Woman, children rescued after duplex catches fire

November 24, 2012
Tribune Chronicle | TribToday.com

BAZETTA - A fire department official is urging residents to install smoke alarms after 3 people were rescued from a blaze early today.

The 2403 Hoagland Blackstub Road duplex had no working smoke detectors, but fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze about 2 a.m.

"They were lucky," said Bazetta fire Chief Dennis Lewis, adding the fire department issued four working smoke detectors to the residents. He said free smoke alarms are available for others to pick up at the fire station.

 
 

 

I am looking for: