WARREN - A woman was taken to St. Joseph Health Center after she was burned when her car caught fire in the parking lot of a nursing home about 4:30 p.m. Friday.
The woman, an employee of Renaissance North nursing home, 2743 N. River Road, had two cans of gasoline in her trunk.
She was sitting inside her car and lit a cigarette, a fire department official said.
The flame from the lighter ignited fumes that seeped from the trunk, setting the car on fire.
Some of the contents of one of the gas tanks had spilled in the trunk before she lit her cigarette, a fire department spokesman said.
The woman suffered second and third degree burns on her arms and face, the spokesman said.
The name of the woman was withheld until her family had been notified.
A woman who answered the phone at the nursing home said she was not authorized to comment.