| || |
September 29, 2010 - Dana Sulonen
I don't even know if hopefulness is a word, but it was the only word I could think of to describe this blog. Because I'm a big fan of the scenarios of, "If the playoffs started today," so here I go...
If the playoffs started today:
• No. 7 Harding would be playing No. 2 Austintown Fitch at Falcon Stadium. AKA Phil Annarella vs. his former team. And Annarella isn't just any former Harding coach, he's the last coach to win Harding a state title. The subplots make me hope this pairing lasts through the last four weeks of the season.
• Cardinal Mooney would be in the 2-7 matchup, and for the first time in a long time, the Cardinals would be the ranked underdog.
• In Division IV, 4-1 Girard is in the playoffs at the eighth and final spot. However, the Lakeview Bulldogs, 3-2 after five games, is not. Lakeview is a playoff team (almost getting a huge win over Division II Poland and upsetting Division III Hubbard) and I hope that when it comes to the final rankings that Girard, and Lakeview, both represent the area.
• Ursuline, which is a heavy favorite to win its third straight Division V state tournament and is currently ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll, is only ranked second in the region, behind a very quality Kirtland team. When Ursuline and Kirtland eventually do meet, it will be a state-final type game. My guess also, whichever teams wins that game will win the state title.
• For the first time since 2005, McDonald would not make the playoffs. Currently, the Blue Devils are 3-2.
Obviously, much is going to change between now and Week 10. But it's always fun to hope, and forecast, what could possibly be.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment